Displayed here is a culmination of the greatest Hobie Cat Sailors that Australia has to offer.
From the nooks and crannies in Victoria, all the way up the eastern seaboard to the Sunshine State, and across the continent to the vast land in the West, we assemble the greatest Hobie Sailors throughout Australia. In doing so, we anticipate and dare to dream of the eventual outcome as we head into the Australian Hobie Class Championships, as the final event of the Australian Championships Tour.
After 50 years of the Hobie Class in Australia, promoting our competitive spirit along with the truly spectacular number of sailors in our class, the ANHCA thought we’d put together a ‘Minor Premiership. The top sailors, the greatest performed State and Sailing Clubs, along with those who have displayed the ‘Hobie Spirit’ across the ‘years that were’, will receive special recognition at the welcoming ceremony for the Hobie Nationals.
- For an event to qualify for the Championships Tour, there must be a minimum of five entries per class.
- If there is an event not yet posted on the Championships Tour, or you have an event you’d like included into the Events Calendar, please get in contact with The ANHCA.
Stay tuned Cowboy Sailors, place your bets, get your boat ready, and we’ll be seeing you all at the next event on the Championship Tour with the Hobie Family.
The Championship Tour – Point System
- 300 Points – World Championships (Open)
- 200 Points – National Championships / Overall Championship Ranking
- 150 Points – World Championships (Division)
- 100 Points – State Championships / Nationals (Women & Youth / Division)
- 50 Points – Official Club Regatta / States (Women & Youth / Division)